Friday, October 27, 2017

Of plans for little metal men

Open time of 2017 has been eaten up by dealing with the estate of Jeff and supporting Lani, Jeff's widow.  While this has been emotionally taxing and time consuming, I feel good that Lani is still with us here and seeking solutions for her physical challenges.

I'm looking out ahead at the final quarter of 2017, maybe even spotting time slots where a game may be played!

On top of that I have the plan to attend Salute 2018 in Burnaby doing some Pulp Alley games.

Jeff and I had started on ECW forces, I did a Parliament army, now I am looking to complete my own set with a Royalist force.  Many of the miniatures are collected together now and I plan to clean and start on the painting over the coming winter.  For my library I have the final campaign book from Osprey: Naseby 1645 to act as further inspiration.

Rocketeers in painting progress standing on the cover of the new library addition



5 comments:

Jacko said...

It is good to hear Jeff's wife is being looked after we;; - kudos to you.

Regards

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

I'm glad to hear that you're supporting Lani. Well done.

Fitz-Badger said...

That's great you can help Jeff's widow! And it's cool to see you continue with the ECW stuff in his absence. He is missed, and his memory lives on. Boo and hiss to Stagonia!

What company are the rocketeers from?

Jonathan Freitag said...

Hard to believe it has been a year since Jeff's passing. Very good to see that you continue offering support to a friend.

Your Murch Rocketeers are looking good and are terrific figures. I have a few of my own. Looking forward to following your progress on your ECW project. Did you keep Jeff's ECW troops?

MurdocK said...

Thank you gentlemen.

Yes the ECW forces of the Royalists were Jeff's part of the project and a nearby gamer Rob has those in his safekeeping. Rob and I are still in contact and the Royalists did get on the tabletop last spring.

I am working on my own Royalists now, which was my long-range plan from the start.

The Bob Murch Rocketeers are a gift from Jeff, to keep the Pulp project moving along. I have two units I am doing one in the blue jumpsuits and the other in olive drab. They a part of about 100 minis that were in base coat or part painted condition when Jeff passed on last year. Rob and I are doing a Pulp Action game series for the up-coming Salute in Burnaby March 2018.